• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck Delivery

brianrbull

Well The EUC is is Gods Hands(Battlecreek) shouldnt take too long to get approved. Now I am in the pickle of being in Afghanistan , and having to get a truck delivered to the house. Does anyone know a service that would deliver an M 816 from Crane IN (It says Holt Rd in Indy on the auction page) to Grand Rapids MI? I would like it on a flat bed rather than tow it on its wheels. I have no Idea of the oil levels ect. Thanks

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
My first deuce was picked up by a Hot Shot Rig driver at Fort Jackson, SC.
I faxed him the paid receipt and Authorization for Pickup and the Point of Contact at Jackson and he took care of the rest.
The GL folks at Jackson pushed it up on the trailer (they could have jumped it and drove it on).
He said he was in and out in less than two hours.
For a 5 ton you are prob going to need a full sized rig.......that will prob cost more than a Hot Shot.
You may be able to find a driver looking for a back haul that will give you a break.
There are several sites where you can list loads and drivers bid on them.
Make sure you are up front with the driver about having to deal with the paperwork and getting on to a military facility.
You also need to make sure someone will be there to meet the truck and unload it.
Good luck getting her home.

chiefwollam

B & B Restoration Services, Ottawa Lake, MI. Call Brian, tell him Tom referred you and he should be able to take care of everything.

Brians phone number is 419-467-4895

Good Luck and may God see you home safely to enjoy your new addition.

wrecker haul

If it's the truck in the picture your wrecker looks immaculate. The winch cable hook still had the paint on it! Congrats! I was glad to see 8500 did not win that truck. A truck weighing approx 36,000lbs empty is going to need a double drop dedicated haul most likely. Thats how we hauled our M812 from Indiana to MN.

Be safe overseas.

Andy

brianrbull

I spoke with the man at B & B Restoration he quoted me aprox $1500 to haul it from Indy to Grand Rapids. Sounds reasonable to me. any Opnions? Also here is the photo that sold me on the thing...... One thing perplexes me why is the bumper on upside down? it obviously has been that way since its last paint job. Any Ideas?

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

I spoke with the man at B & B Restoration he quoted me aprox $1500 to haul it from Indy to Grand Rapids. Sounds reasonable to me. any Opnions? Also here is the photo that sold me on the thing...... One thing perplexes me why is the bumper on upside down? it obviously has been that way since its last paint job. Any Ideas?
To make it look like its little brother deuce?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe someone posted an M816 may weigh closer to 40,000lbs. I've heard the data plate says 36,000. Just may want to double check your weights for the guy hauling.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There has to be someone here going that way soon. Maybe they could get a pic of the data plate for you.

m109guy

One thing perplexes me why is the bumper on upside down? it obviously has been that way since its last paint job. Any Ideas?
The bumper is suppose to be like that with a winch installed on a 2.5ton deuce, that's why there is a notch in the bumper so that the cable from the winch won't bind on the bumper (for anyone who didn't know). I know that the 5tons usually have the bumper left the other way around because of the bigger winch, but I have seen a few 5tons with it the other way around. The front bumper might have been replaced at one time and the person installing it might have taken a bumper from a 2.5ton deuce that had a winch to use on your truck. Or he might have just not have known that it was installed the other way around on a 5ton. I wouldn't change it back around unless it really bugs you as it will require a lot of work flipping around the bumper then moving around the hook mounts and the vise. And if it still bugs you, I would be happy to get rid of the truck for you :D

Good looking truck though. I wish it was mine

Last edited:

brianrbull

The EUC is approved..

Well Operation Drag and Tag is a go. Big Betty (Unofficial at this time) is comming home. 12:00 in Indy the flatbed will arrive to take her home. like 4 business days to approve the EUC thats speed of service....