• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck is Popping and poffing

Captainbill

ok here is the run down truck need a new ip so we put one in cleen the tank, lines and new filters .now the truck starts right up. but when running you hear a popping noise from the intake, and when you pull the intake pipe off of the air filter housing the popping gets louder and you feel air getting pushed back out. now the truck starts fine and move down the street just fine. any one ever had this happen to them?

derby

JohnyReb, I think you are refering to a connecting rod? unless I did not read the post right. Captain bill, I would check timing of IP and valve clearance. popping is usualy a valve issue like mentioned above. push rods don't usualy fall out .I would check the valve and the push rod on the one that fell out. Did You use any ether on it while trying to start it?...........

JohnnyReb

JohnyReb, I think you are refering to a connecting rod? unless I did not read the post right. Captain bill, I would check timing of IP and valve clearance. popping is usualy a valve issue like mentioned above. push rods don't usualy fall out .I would check the valve and the push rod on the one that fell out. Did You use any ether on it while trying to start it?...........
My bad.... :roll:. you know how you will read something and see what you think you see instead of what is actually written?

I was thinking.. connecting rod....

Thanks
JR

Hammer

Uhm, connecting rod = part that holds the piston to the crank shaft. Pretty large hunk of metal.
If this 'drops out', you usually have oil pouring out!

Push rod = part that goes between camshaft and rocker for valves. Small and long tube like rod, about 3/8" diameter, or close to that size.

Captainbill

she starts great 1 to 2 sec of cranking to start. and no did not damage any thing push rod was not even bent thats where the popping came from. i reset the valves .010 on intake and .025 on exaust. truck still sluggish

Captainbill

i think it fell out from bad adjustment. see we had a few people working on this truck for 2 days so the covers where off and some one must have messed with it. other then that i dont know. like i told everyone rods not bent nor is the rocker so your guess is as good as mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks