• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck-Lite Route Clearance Lights Installed

YOUNG GUN

Hmmm, starting to think I didn't put enough lights on my truck now:roll:.
Haha, my general rule of thumb when I do something to my truck is... If it seems a little excessive, it's should probably be more excessive, cause a little just never seems like its enough !

A while back I hooked up a fire truck stutter-tone air horn...a week later I had 2 hooked up, and now I'm planning on 3:grin:

Blueduce

Great mod, I have been beating the idea of adding some real off road lights to me deuce for months now. Now that I have a hard top I half considered putting them where you did. I have also considered on the front bumper, on the fenders or even making brackets to mount them to the windshield brackets like on newer jeeps.(see pick) My biggest concern is finding the best place to install them but keep them as protected as I can. Knowing my luck with an install like yous I would knock one off with the first branch I found. I do like your chosen location. Do you have any plans to add brush guards around these lights.

Attachments

YOUNG GUN

Great mod, I have been beating the idea of adding some real off road lights to me deuce for months now. Now that I have a hard top I half considered putting them where you did. I have also considered on the front bumper, on the fenders or even making brackets to mount them to the windshield brackets like on newer jeeps.(see pick) My biggest concern is finding the best place to install them but keep them as protected as I can. Knowing my luck with an install like yous I would knock one off with the first branch I found. I do like your chosen location. Do you have any plans to add brush guards around these lights.
I may add a brush guard at some point, however these specific lights, if not tightened to tight at the pivot will fold over if hit (low speed obviously).
I've tested it out just by pushing on the lense by hand and moving them forward and back, and they will not move on there own from the vibration of normal driving and offroading.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I'm going to get 4 more to point towards the back of the truck.

They would make great backup lights, just remember in a night convoy you could nuke the guy's eyes behind you.

If they fold up hitting a branch then they would probably make it at Haspin. ;-)

I put 8 on mine and I plan on eventually adding 2 more to the front bumper and 2 more to the rear. I didn't go the LED route though because when I was sourcing everything the LED's I could find were very expensive. Did you get a deal and do you mind sharing what you paid? Great looking setup by the way. [thumbzup]

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought this was a great idea until I saw the price for those lights.........

I thought this was a great idea until I saw the price for those lights.........
Yeah, that is what I found when sourcing lights. LED's are truly awesome, just more than I care to spend.

I got my lights on sale for I think $10/each and then spent about $2/each to put 24 volt bulbs in them. Those 24 volt bulbs aren't as bright as LED's but they are pretty dang bright. Added a little paint and viola, I'm out of pocket with 8 lights for half the price of 1 LED light. Hopefully the price for LED's will continue to come down and I can work them into a future truck. :idea::idea::idea:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Young gun, great looking set up. What's the scoop with that rubber piece between the uprights and the cab? Did you do that just to take up the slack between the pole and the unbolt, or is it there to dampen vibrations and squeaking? What material did you use?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks