• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TRUCK M35A2 U.S AIR FORCE

dmetalmiki

I have seen the air scoop mounted facing down as in the second picture, but I don't think it is correct. I have installed a few heater kits, and I don't recall that in the instructions. The deuce in the background shows the air scoop in the proper mounting direction from what I have read. Regarding mounting it in the upper or lower holes, I only ever used the upper hole as this was shown in the installation directions that came with the kit. I have definitely seen the lower hole used, however. Perhaps, some of the kits (later kits?) included instructions to use the lower holes.
Yep..Down they (Should) Face. Though mine I mouted further back so the air intake pipe fits STRAIGHT on.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, not a little, either.

The level-wind winch is nice, put a 14" cargo bed on it and have a really tough hauler, and that transfer case PTO can handle engine horsepower.

Most interesting front marker lights...

Too bad it is in France, I'd jump on it.

DG

cobra5

Yep..Down they (Should) Face. Though mine I mouted further back so the air intake pipe fits STRAIGHT on.
This is my 89 USAF truck that I got from Fairchild AFB back in 2012. Benefit of being retired military is I just flashed my ID at the gate, drove to DRMO to get the truck and drove it out the main gate. Notice the vent is in the lower panel facing forward.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks