• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck Markings - 528th Quartermaster Company

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 528th was inactivated last year. They were at JBLM. Some of their trucks were sold there at Ft Lewis and I ended up with one. I would like to recreate the truck numbers correctly, or at least the unit numbers. I have some pretty decent ghost numbers, about half of which can be read.

Can anyone interpret what you see in the photo for me and perhaps extrapolate what should be on there? Here's the truck info from Carnac

Organization:528TH QUARTERMASTER CO
WA
Nomenclature: TRUCK CARGO D/S 5-TON
Model: M923
NSN: 2320010502084
Serial Number: C52307452
Registration Number: NL0JGJ
Year of Mfg: 1985
Manufacturer: 65909
Contract Number: DAAE07-81-C-5597
Usage Miles: 42109
July 2009

Here's what the numbers look like to me.

Left Side:
533 88 88 08 (those eights could be sixes or zeros as well)

Right Side:
528 0? 34? (last digit could again be zero or eight or six)

Site only lets me upload smaller pics. See a full sized one here if interested:
http://beerslayer.smugmug.com/Trucks/M923/i-8tfNMhh/0/O/2012-02-2209-41-10250.jpg

Attachments

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While cleaning the front bumper to repaint I also found some very cool older markings that identify the first unit this truck was assigned to. Can anyone help with this?

7 7S&T

I would ~really like to know what unit that was.

Attachments

macar6913

I know what the numbers are...

The 528th was inactivated last year. They were at JBLM. Some of their trucks were sold there at Ft Lewis and I ended up with one. I would like to recreate the truck numbers correctly, or at least the unit numbers. I have some pretty decent ghost numbers, about half of which can be read.

Can anyone interpret what you see in the photo for me and perhaps extrapolate what should be on there? Here's the truck info from Carnac

Organization:528TH QUARTERMASTER CO
WA
Nomenclature: TRUCK CARGO D/S 5-TON
Model: M923
NSN: 2320010502084
Serial Number: C52307452
Registration Number: NL0JGJ
Year of Mfg: 1985
Manufacturer: 65909
Contract Number: DAAE07-81-C-5597
Usage Miles: 42109
July 2009

Here's what the numbers look like to me.

Left Side:
533 88 88 08 (those eights could be sixes or zeros as well)

Right Side:
528 0? 34? (last digit could again be zero or eight or six)

Site only lets me upload smaller pics. See a full sized one here if interested:
http://beerslayer.smugmug.com/Trucks/M923/i-8tfNMhh/0/O/2012-02-2209-41-10250.jpg
Hi, I was looking up info on 528th QM Co since I was formerly a soldier of that unit and found your post. In fact, chances are very high that I've driven that same truck. I think I can help!
First, the rear left bumper should be written like this:

Left- Right-
593 SB
80 OD BN 528 QM 340

The front bumper should look exactly the same as the rear from your viewing perspective. The older unit ID numbers I'm not familiar with. Hope that helps.

I served with the unit from Spring 2004 to Fall 2007.
-Matt

tjburns00

Hello everyone

I am looking for Viet Nam Vets from the 528th Quartermaster Company (PS).... any year ... I have started a group on Facebook .. I have found a few of us. There are some pictures on the site that include many trucks for you restorers.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonya

While cleaning the front bumper to repaint I also found some very cool older markings that identify the first unit this truck was assigned to. Can anyone help with this?

7 7S&T

I would ~really like to know what unit that was.

i am in complete shock that I have come across this thread! This was my vehicle when I was assigned to 528 QM in 1996. S&T refers to Supply and Transport Troop. The numbers are just the bumper numbers. I remember painting these stencils on! Love seeing this truck! Great memories!!