• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck was cutting off.... Not anymore

Thumper580

Had a situation where my 1123 would be ok while driving then suddenly cut off like you turned off the ignition switch. Been going through the TM's and following the flow charts to no avail.
Very frustrating. The previous owner said he replaced the fuel filter and I took him at his word...... In addition to that I removed the inline fuel check valves.... I bought a new fuel filter before the truck arrived, but thought I wouldn't need it.

Long story short... The fuel filter had NOT been changed. It was in bad shape... This in addition to removing the old inline fuel check valves the truck runs fine and hasn't cut once since. Not sure which one did it of if it was both, but all better now..

Those check valves can be problematic with age and don't take other peoples word on what was supposedly done.... Check it yourself.... Probably preaching to the choir but lesson learned.

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a situation where my 1123 would be ok while driving then suddenly cut off like you turned off the ignition switch. Been going through the TM's and following the flow charts to no avail.
Very frustrating. The previous owner said he replaced the fuel filter and I took him at his word...... In addition to that I removed the inline fuel check valves.... I bought a new fuel filter before the truck arrived, but thought I wouldn't need it.

Long story short... The fuel filter had NOT been changed. It was in bad shape... This in addition to removing the old inline fuel check valves the truck runs fine and hasn't cut once since. Not sure which one did it of if it was both, but all better now..

Those check valves can be problematic with age and don't take other peoples word on what was supposedly done.... Check it yourself.... Probably preaching to the choir but lesson learned.
I suggest you pull the fuel sender and have a peek inside the tank. If not you're going to need more fuel filters. My 2 cents.

GTUnit

the O-rings in the check vales are made of material that diesel will degrade over time. They harden/swell and the valve gets stuck.