• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trucks name uncovered

Srjeeper

That's neat....

Nice goin lindyp38, findin that kinda stuff is like hittin the MV lottery. :drool:

See ya at Gilbert?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 502nd Forward Support Battalion (also known as the 502nd Supply and Transportaion Battalion)was the support BN for the 1st BDE, 2nd Armored Division, stationed out of Ft Hood Texas. The 1st "Tiger" BDE deployed to Desert Storm to support the USMC with Armor.

When the 502nd was deactivated as was the whole 2nd Armored Division, the unit later became the 4th Forward Support Battalion, 4th Infantry Division.

When I was stationed at 4 FSB, 4ID, I had several HEMTTs that were part of the 502nd, along with a SGT who drove them in Desert Storm when he was a PVT. I had a few SGT's who were Desert Storm vets in my platoon. If you looked hard under the layers of paint, you could see the 502nd 2AD bumper markings. The AD was actually a triangle.

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good stuff you guys are presenting! It's interesting to uncover the connection between the iron and the history these trucks had.

Rick

lindyp38

The 502nd Forward Support Battalion (also known as the 502nd Supply and Transportaion Battalion)was the support BN for the 1st BDE, 2nd Armored Division, stationed out of Ft Hood Texas. The 1st "Tiger" BDE deployed to Desert Storm to support the USMC with Armor.

When the 502nd was deactivated as was the whole 2nd Armored Division, the unit later became the 4th Forward Support Battalion, 4th Infantry Division.

When I was stationed at 4 FSB, 4ID, I had several HEMTTs that were part of the 502nd, along with a SGT who drove them in Desert Storm when he was a PVT. I had a few SGT's who were Desert Storm vets in my platoon. If you looked hard under the layers of paint, you could see the 502nd 2AD bumper markings. The AD was actually a triangle.
BOY..DO I OWE U BIG TIME.......

THANKS AGAIN.....AND AGAIN.......:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks