• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

True Power Steering

Oasis-3

It looks like the other thread was deleted, and I said I would get pix's.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I8J5yi0P1Y[/media]

Steering box side view
001.jpg
Pitmen arm and drag link, drag link has mod work
002.jpg
Steer box cut out and hose hook up
003.jpg
Racing reservoir mounted on fire wall
004.jpg
5 ton pump bolted on
007.jpg
Top view of steering box and added tab
008.jpg
Universal steering rod cut to fit
009.jpg

number9

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Yes, please get #'s and any info on the box and also pitman arm and drag link - were they homemade or modified parts off what?

Also, I'd like to know with that steering box on the outside of the frame like that, how much clearance does he have between the tire and box at full right turn? Look like he is running 9.00 or 11.00 tires.

Oasis-3

Looks like a Saginaw 710IH

OEM:Saginaw Model:710IH Series:710 Unit Type:Remanufactured Product ID:710IH Description : SAG POWER STEERING GEAR BOX Additional Info:
Notes: International application. Non-Metric.

Power Steer - pumps & gear boxes

the draglink was cut and the center has bin welded with a thick wall tube over it, ((it looks stronger then new.)) If someone can get a picture of a stock pitmam arm and Draglink then I can tell you what has bin done to it. Sorry it's not my truck and it was this way when Randy got the truck. A guy in Delta PA did the mod and he use to be a member here, but I don't know his name.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks