• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AZ True SAE#2 flyweel housing, bellhousing, clutch/flywheel to put medium duty trans behind LDT(S)

neomadic

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Cottonwood, AZ 86326 Asking $500 without SAE#2 fuller clutch housing or $650 with it.IMG240529-111354F.JPGIMG240529-111405F.JPGIMG240529-111411F.JPGIMG240529-111419F.JPGIMG240524-143720F.JPG
Happy to crate it and ship if you arrange it.

This a flywheel housing off of a 5 ton LDS465-1a that I have extensively modified to fit in a M35/M36 and correctly clock a medium duty modern SAE#2 transmission like a Clark 280VO or a Fuller FSO8406/6406. I have not fabricated the steel adaptor bracket that was to bolt to the flanges on the sides, but everything else is done.

I redrilled the SAE#2 pattern in the LDS flywheel housing to clock the transmission vertically, because the engines are installed at a tilt in the 5-ton.

To install it, you'll have to extend your starter wires and re-clock the nose on your starter, which is easy, fabricate the steel cradle to bolt between the flywheel housing and steel frame mounts reposition the passenger side mount on the frame, and the transfer case needs moved back at least six inches if using the fuller six speed (which I have for sale in another ad, all rebuilt and ready to go). If I can sell enough stuff to make rent by the end of the month, I'd be happy to help with design and fabrication of the mount if you can send me a drawing. I lost my drawings and don't have it in me to hang it all back in there to measure and make new ones. It also might be necessary to finish drilling out the upper clutch release holes on the clutch housing and installing 1'Id bushings in them. I didn't get to try mocking up the levers in the vehicle.

This comes with the modded LDS flywheel housing, a new LDS flywheel with condensation surface rust, a shiny new 5 ton release bearing, new LDS pressure plate with surface rust, a 15" 10 spline 1 3/4" clutch disc, the release bar that will need to be cut, and a 25x52x16mm (I think) sealed pilot bearing. I have mockup assembled everything and it all fits like factory. I have not checked floor panel clearance with the six speed as sheetmetal has been low on my priority list because it's easy to modify.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks