• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

try not to cry, i dare you...

number9

Ruined two good trucks with that one right there.

I've seen a few coal trucks turned over like that in my time. Seen one once on 4-lane section of HWY23 turn over in a curve. Took it too fast - had a graveyard load on it, prob close to 60-ton of coal - little bit over weight [thumbzup]. Anyway, nice W900 Kenworth pulling a 36' Benson - trailer was on it's side, the rear tandems of the truck were on their side - BUT the front axle of the truck was still on the ground - well, close, the drivers tire was burried under the fender with the battery box step on the pavement and the passenger tire was about 3' off the ground. Twisted that tractor like a dishrag. :shock:

You should ask them about buying that truck from them to use as "spare parts". They'd probably let it go cheap. That'd make a great trailer setup for someone.

saddamsnightmare

April 10th, 2010.

WOW!!! Gives a new meaning to a headache!!! I can safely say that it nust have been one heck of a load in that trailer to bend the rockwell housing and all....! They used to require that when we went into a steel mill building, that as railroaders we wore hard hats.... I always considered that as there were ten and fifteen ton rolls of steel going by 40 to 60' up in the air, that neither the locomotive cab nor the hard hat would do much for you if they dropped one.... It's like Bill Cosby says about seat belts... they're not your safety, it's because the ambulance driver's too lazy to look for the bodies....:eek:!

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:smile:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
April 10th, 2010.

WOW!!! Gives a new meaning to a headache!!! I can safely say that it nust have been one heck of a load in that trailer to bend the rockwell housing and all....! They used to require that when we went into a steel mill building, that as railroaders we wore hard hats.... I always considered that as there were ten and fifteen ton rolls of steel going by 40 to 60' up in the air, that neither the locomotive cab nor the hard hat would do much for you if they dropped one.... It's like Bill Cosby says about seat belts... they're not your safety, it's because the ambulance driver's too lazy to look for the bodies....:eek:!

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:smile:
They told us we had to wair hard hats in the explosive plants so they could tell whos body was in it if somthing happened!!!!!

rattlecan6104

so... I had to have a moment of silence on that one. My dad is a trucker in a construction company and often pulls the frame less end dumps, he has laid one over when the ground caved out under the trailer, with fast reflexes he had it lowered about half way when it hit the ground and saved both truck and trailer, minor repairs and no injuries. those trailers are not the greatest design IMHO and could be vastly improved upon.

now on to the lighter side...I could use a new tail light. :mrgreen: