• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying M813s and M939s at Tractor pulls

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are the wiser one. To not risk damage. I felt a little better knowing there were two tow bars at the ready.

Have tow bar, when travel. ;-)

Actually the crew fixing the truck if I broke it were all with me. You know....

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Not to be a negative nancy, but I can see a "home made" competition going south pretty quick. Either something will get broken, someone get hurt, or property damaged. Probably just not a good place for it there.

It would be interesting though if a sled could be brought in and some track setup for it near the campground to do it right.
If the wrecker/wreckers were just dead weight, not pulling against the other truck, I do not see anymore damage or broken parts then pulling against a slesd

ke5eua

If the wrecker/wreckers were just dead weight, not pulling against the other truck, I do not see anymore damage or broken parts then pulling against a slesd
Problem with just rolling weight is it is very easy to pull. I pulled my 818 with my 4 wheeler couple weeks ago when my batteries died.

You would have to have resistive pulling to get the results you are looking for.

Edit:

Get someone out there with a 1070 as dead rolling weight and that would be fun to watch.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
NOT rolling but A DEAD NOT MOVING WEIGHT, dragging the tires, anybody can move a rolling weight, even a rail car by hand on a flat track.

ke5eua

NOT rolling but A DEAD NOT MOVING WEIGHT, dragging the tires, anybody can move a rolling weight, even a rail car by hand on a flat track.
Putting a lot of undo stress on the parking brake(s) imho.

I like the idea of a concrete block, just have to get it back to the starting point somehow.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Putting a lot of undo stress on the parking brake(s) imho.

I like the idea of a concrete block, just have to get it back to the starting point somehow.
NOT the parking brake (lmao) but the service brakes and in gear

ke5eua

NOT the parking brake (lmao) but the service brakes and in gear
Depending on the model of the wrecker is why I said brake(s), 939 series would have the spring parking brakes on the rear axles and the wee little axle brake. I never understood why they put a single drum brake and expect it to last in the hands of a private.

Ouch, makes me cringe thinking about it, lol. Just hate to see a truck get damaged for a little fun if you know what I mean.

I like the dozer idea though.

jw4x4

Use Durhamtown's bulldozer......sideways.

Problem solved.
It would be easier to pull a static dozer from the side than from the front. Think of the cleats on the dozer tracks. From the side, they are facing the direction you would be pulling, thus there would be less resistance. from front or rear, the cleats are perpendicular to the direction of travel. Far more gripping power. Dozers and track loaders/hoes fall are far more likely to slide on the trailer from side to side than front to rear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks