• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trying to decode m35a2 bumper numbers and the FSB painted all over truck

loveyou doe

from my understanding it should be
38th Infantry Div 146th something mabye medic? and convoy truck 8
i was told the reason it says FSB on both rear bumperettes and side of hood just refer to its air brakes but dosent make sense to me as i always understood FSB as Forward Support Battalion
duce2.jpgduce.jpg

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe there was a 46th Infantry Brigade of the MI ARNG under the 38th ID of the IN ARNG. 46th Infantry BDE had a 146th Forward Support Battalion. Under 146th FSB was C Company. C Company was the FSBs medical company.

However, those bumper numbers don’t reflect that. Next to the 38I should be 46BDE, not 146. But units often come up with unique markings that might not quite make sense. I couldn’t find any reference to another 146th Brigade or any 146th numbered echelon that might have a FSB within its task organization. There was a MIARNG 146th Multifunctional Medical Battalion, but I couldn’t find any reference to the 146th MMB being tasked in any way to 38 ID. Plus a MMB would not have a FSB within their task org.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks