• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to find a hard top to fit a 1993 M35A3

fireman_316

Im with Liberty County Search and Rescue in Liberty County Fl and we have a 1993 M35A3 for high water rescue and transpo of ppls and supplies in unpassable areas and we are trying to locate a hard top for it to try and cut down on the noise for communication found one at idaho motor pool and they are pick up only and im trying to find one closer to florida any info would be greatful

fireman_316

Thanks im going to check now thanks again our chief been wanting this done and i have googled and googled and googled and aient turn up any thing thank you

M1075

Before you spend money on a hard top to "cut down on noise" you might review some of threads here that describe why the hard top is louder. There were several new in crates tops sold on Government Liquidation last week. I'm sure someone here has them available.

jatonka

The closest supplier of fiberglass, sound reducing hardtops is Jim Henry Trucks, Albemarle North Carolina. 704 983 5940. They are used by civilian and emrgency services all over the country. JT

SEAFIRE

If you don't have to have a military hard top, you can get fiberglass. We got ours from Boyce Equipment, they installed a military sliding window in the back of it for us.

Boyce Equipment Axles and Military Parts

It has worked out well. It was $595 plus shipping, I think the total with shipping and the rear window installed was around $700

saddamsnightmare

August 30th, 2009.:-D

Dear Fireman_316:

I can understand why your chief wants the metal cab enclosure, cold weather, for the deuce, as its somewhat less flammable then the GMA top (soft), but when my deuce came from Bulldog_MAck13, it had the hard top, and if anything it was colder and noiser then the GMA top, which I have since installed on a used set of roof bows. The GMA tops are insulated and it does seem to cut the heat down in the summer (a key point here in Texas) and the sound deadening and insulation effect are much better then the soft top on my wife's 2006 Jeep Wrangler. I've thought about putting the hard top back on, but I generally get thinking about it and don't do it. Your department should be able to requisition the needed tops from the state surplus property officer who will query DRMO for the necessary kits. No deuce is ever quiet, that's why some of us fit them with VIC-1 intercoms off of tanks, just so we can hear what our passenger's trying to say.....

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

papercu

A lot of your noise is coming from the engine that is in front of you, you could try some automobile insulation or aircraft type on the firewall and adding a muffler should help.
Have you checked the TM on driving in water above the axles? You will need to check/repack the wheel bearings and there is a plug on the bottom of the bellhousing that needs to be installed before going into high water. Wayne
The Insulator Thermo-Acoustic Blanket - Aircarft Applications