• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to Identify and locate a part

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was a modification done by that fire dept in Maine.
I guess you won that truck?😀

Roof was interesting and also home made.
What are your plans for it and the water tank?

springer1981

It’s a Cole Hersee 24505 Lockout Lever Kit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've been trying every combination of words to search and nothing. Thanks. I've seen 2 Humvees with these for ignitions and I like it better than a regular key switch. More utilitarian. Kind of goes with the steering wheel lock :D

springer1981

That was a modification done by that fire dept in Maine.
I guess you won that truck?😀

Roof was interesting and also home made.
What are your plans for it and the water tank?
Nope, I didn't win it or even bid. That went for way too much IMO. But I did see the lock. Here is another one with the same setup..

Lock2.jpg

springer1981

Kind of an obvious target that screams "I can be hotwired"!
Pretty much anyone who knows anything at all about a Humvee knows it can be hotwired in seconds by reaching up under the dash. Locks and keys only keep honest people honest and do nothing to stop criminals. Watch lockpickinglawyer on youtube and you will never have faith in any keyed lock again.

natrgatr

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of us aren’t worried about the “professional” car thief. They aren’t all that common. We’re more worried about the casual thief looking for an easy to steal joyride. Most of those aren’t lock picks or wanting to take the time to find inconvenient master shut offs. This would work especially well at car/truck shows where the normal start switch is tempting to kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks