• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tubes required for super singles?

treysoucie

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Laws concern lighting but not bumper height or even lift blocks. The headlamps must be mounted between 24 and 54 inches from the ground, the taillamps between 15 and 72, and the foglamps between 12 and 30."

quess this awnseres my question
[/FONT]

Thats great. Post up when your done and we'll see how many guys line up to buy when you annouce what your kit will cost.

I agree there might be a liability issue with what the OP is asking for but I have yet to see news coverage of an accident where a tire came off a rim (the specific ones in this thread not any old tire and rim accident) and killed anyone.

I would bet a million to one that when one of your "lawyer" approved kits gets involved in an accident, someone gets sued. No matter how much engineering and insurance approval you get there is always some dirt bag lawyer screaming "its not your fault, you should sue!"(sp?)
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah, and blah blah blah. Blah, blah blah blah blah. Blah! Blah blah blah blah blah...

MO MV man

Here in Missouri, the GVWR drives whether or not a vehicle is bumper height limited.

11,501+ GVWR is exempt.
Below that, bumper height is limited to 29" front, 31" rear.

treysoucie

akonitony can you please take your argument elsewhere, thank you. Ok any last advice on mounting the 46" tires? i found a shop that will do it. pull off the inside wheels, use the outside rims with the new tires and that should be it? im going to flip the hubs at a later date, i want to get the tires mounted first or is this not possible?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You can run the 395s on stock rims "dish out" just fine. It looks a little goofy, but will work till you get around to flipping the hubs. I know you know this but, check your wheel cyls and bearings while your in there!

akonitony can you please take your argument elsewhere, thank you. Ok any last advice on mounting the 46" tires? i found a shop that will do it. pull off the inside wheels, use the outside rims with the new tires and that should be it? im going to flip the hubs at a later date, i want to get the tires mounted first or is this not possible?
Maybe your husband can help you.

I am stultified at the amount of time you are using for mounting tires. Will you be at the GA Rally by any chance?

Personally, I was ignoring this thread until it was brought to my attention someone was still talking smack to me. Are you familiar with the mud flaps with Yosemite Sam on them? Back Off.

treysoucie

Maybe your husband can help you.

I am stultified at the amount of time you are using for mounting tires. Will you be at the GA Rally by any chance?

Personally, I was ignoring this thread until it was brought to my attention someone was still talking smack to me. Are you familiar with the mud flaps with Yosemite Sam on them? Back Off.

seriously why are you acting like you are 5 years old? i kindly asked you to stop arguing on my thread, if you dont have anything to contribute to the post than stay out of it.

I'm sorry man, just been starting some new meds lately the VA gave me and been a little more impulsive lately. You're right, I will stay out of your thread from now on. Not another peep from me. Good luck with your tires, and I am sure they will look great.
Oh, and one other thing: I'm rubber, and you are glue, and whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you...:lol::cookoo:

treysoucie

I'm sorry man, just been starting some new meds lately the VA gave me and been a little more impulsive lately. You're right, I will stay out of your thread from now on. Not another peep from me. Good luck with your tires, and I am sure they will look great.
Oh, and one other thing: I'm rubber, and you are glue, and whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you...:lol::cookoo:
lol right on i appreciate it man but your welcome to chime in whenever so long as it's friendly, the tires are being put on right now i will post pics when it is done.

treysoucie

so my fears have come true.. i cant find a shop in houston that will work on this tire and wheel combo. well i take that back i found one shop but they wanted 180 a wheel.. no thanks anyone on here done this in houston?

Have you tried spraying the rim edges and tire edges down with silicon oil? It works great for making them slip off and on. I had to change out some 16.5" rims with my HUMVEE tires, and the silicon oil made it possible to do it without a machine.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Have you tried spraying the rim edges and tire edges down with silicon oil? It works great for making them slip off and on. I had to change out some 16.5" rims with my HUMVEE tires, and the silicon oil made it possible to do it without a machine.
When ever I bleed the brakes I save the old BFS to use on tires. It makes things go together smoothly.

When ever I bleed the brakes I save the old BFS to use on tires. It makes things go together smoothly.
Oh good, I'm glad someone else uses silicon-based oil on the rubber of their tires. I know a while ago there was a debate as to if it will dissolve rubber over time. While I did not get an A in all of my chemistry classes, I seem to remember a basic rule is like dissolves like, so my vote goes to it is ok to use silicon on petro-based rubber.

PS: G-Robb, I'm not sure I like you showing that picture off of my mom in her younger years with your avatar. Well, I guess it's ok... Carry on.

Last edited: