• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tulsa winch?

brian s

I have a Tulsa winch that I want to put on my m35a2 and was wondering if anyone knows anything about this winch as I have not yet seen one on a truck before.

brian s

Yes but I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning as I can't upload from my phone for some reason. I got it from gm thay used it to pull 5th wheels off trucks for testing

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tulsa made a bunch of winches. I've seen them everywhere from 6,000lb to 100,000lb. Without a pic or data plate info, it would be impossible to tell what you've got.

rustystud

"Tulsa" makes one of the best winches in todays market. They are extremely strong and have competitive pricing. I almost went with one for my deuce before I got this deal on the Warn 18000 .

Jeepsinker

I would definitely go with a Tulsa over the Garwood if it is properly sized, mounts easily, and doesn't look stupid on the front of the truck. We all know the Tulsa is a better winch.

brian s

it's going to be nice this weekend so i'm going to be working on the truck and will check to see if it fits between the frame
i hope it will!!!

brian s

post#8 has all the pic's of winch i have now going to dig it out this weekend and clean it up and see if i can get it to fit.

brian s

[h=4]Product Features[/h]
  • Equiped with automatic drag brake that engages when clutch is released
  • Sliding clutch with reverse draft
  • Worm is forged, ground and hardened
  • Deep groove, heavy duty radial ball bearings

[h=4]Product Benefits[/h]
  • Prevents tangling of cable during free-spool operations
  • Assures complete and even engagement under load
  • Provides maximum service life and durability of product
  • Bearings never require adjustment

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tulsa Winch makes good units. I have one of those same winches I'm planning to mount to the rear of my deuce. Please keep us updated on the project.