• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tune up

tiger422

I brought my deuce back home from camp where it has been for a year or so running around in low range once or twice a month.
It is time to clean her up and service everything. I noticed after getting my new deuce the old one was not running very well. The ride home let me know just how bad it was running it toped out at little over 40 mph brakes did not work well either.
Started this past weekend cleaned out fuel tank nasty jelley in botom of tank.
Changed all fuel filters primed and test drove not much help.
Printed out trouble shooting TM and started with it today checked fuel pressure which turned out all good.

Full load test with boost gage max boost 3-4psi not good started turning up fuel until I got 10-10.5 psi at 2400 rpm Wow it hauls now.
Checked 1600rpm boost it is 5-5.5 psi.
Took a look at exaust smoke nice black smoke when first hammer down on it and then it clears looks like I might have it right I ended up turning up fuel 4 and 1/2 turns to get here.

I wish I had done this long ago, for those who have not done this get to it well worth the time and effort. Now I need to check the new deuce it never ends.

Jim

Keith_J

Prolonged storage can gum up the control collar mechanism. This is easy to access and since its free movement is essential to proper injection quantity, it is worth the trouble. The only special thing you need is safety wire, 24-28 gauge soft stainless steel. You can check it without dealing with the wire, just pull the engine stop cover (2 standard slot screws) and see if the control rod freely moves. If not, cut wire, remove the two screws and pull it off. Be careful not to lose the pawl which engages the control collar. Replace the O-ring under this mechanism if it is cracked.

tiger422

Prolonged storage can gum up the control collar mechanism. This is easy to access and since its free movement is essential to proper injection quantity, it is worth the trouble. The only special thing you need is safety wire, 24-28 gauge soft stainless steel. You can check it without dealing with the wire, just pull the engine stop cover (2 standard slot screws) and see if the control rod freely moves. If not, cut wire, remove the two screws and pull it off. Be careful not to lose the pawl which engages the control collar. Replace the O-ring under this mechanism if it is cracked.
I did that first forgot to put in post.
Thanks for input.
Jim

oldshep

i really need to turn up my truck. or better yet just bypass the fdc. its a slow turd and not a hint of black smoke.:cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks