• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turbine oil

papercu

Any of you ever tried this NATO 0-148 Turbine Engine Lube Oil in your CUCV or other engines?
There was a guy on mil-veh that said he used a qt in every tank full on his vehicles, as a low sulfur and lubrication fuel additive. ebay number 120394772626 Wayne

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It stinks, literally. I can't stand the smell of the stuff. I did find about 25 qts in a semi trailer I got from a guy in Baxley. Burned every one of them in the trucks. Gene Patano was also a big advocate of adding a qt per tanks as a lube.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No seat in the pants difference but I have to believe the lube is good for the pump. Thats a nice CUCV you got Wayne.

hobie237

When shipping is figured, he's charging $8 per quart. There are plenty of other additives at any auto parts store for far less than that, and if all else fails, there's always auto trans fluid and/or motor oil.

JDToumanian

There are plenty of other additives at any auto parts store
Yeah, I use a quart of 2-stroke oil per fill-up. I don't want the hydraulic head of my IP getting stuck!

On another forum, there was a fella that paid a lab to do SAE wear scar tests on nearly a hundred diesel additives, mixed with pump diesel. Commercial products as well as motor oil, trans fluid, etc. Plain fuel was also tested. The samples were delivered to the lab in numbered bottles, only the fella paying for the tests knew what the samples were.

Two-stroke oil, mixed 200:1 with ultra low sulfur pump diesel, was better than most commercial additives, and nearly equal to the best.... It was one of the cheapest, too.

Jon

hobie237

I've used 2-stroke oil- I basically buy whatever is cheap. A few months ago I got a bunch of auto trans fluid for like 75 cents a quart, so I've been burning that off mostly. I'm getting low, though, and there should be a deal on 2-stroke oil coming up sometime as people buy it for yard equipment in spring.

jimm1009

Turbine oil

The oil is about $13.00 per quart average depending on brand and rating in the aviation industry if you buy a quart or two at a time.
Wholesale in multicase quantities is about 9.50 or 10.00 each.

Jim

vtdeucedriver

Well CRAP!!!!! I work in the aviation industry and just the other day I opened 2 cans to top off a engine and had 1/2 a can left..................cant keep it for another aircraft so into the drain barrel it goes. Guess maybe I need to think about putting it in the tractor. When I do my fuel filters, I usually fill one of the cannisters with either ATF or powerservice to help lube the pump.

Massm35a2

I've always thrown in some 2 stroke after I had some trouble with my deuce Hydrohead sticking. Been a few years and both trucks are running and sounding great. I swear by 2 stroke, I put 1 oz per gallon of fuel. I but 2 stroke in gallon containers at Kmart and I fill 8 oz bottles,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks