• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo blown

my tubo blew up the other night nd here is whats left. As you can see for some reason it also tried to run away . Man tht oil smells bad . There is no oil in the water or water in the oil do you think the motor is ok. Thanks kenneth

Attachments

AMGeneral

From the pictures it looks as the turbine side sustained all the damage,it looks as if the compressor side just blew the seal and started feeding the engine oil throught the intake.I agree,swap turbo,change the oil/filters and run it. I may have an extra turbo here Kenneth if need be.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

my tubo blew up the other night nd here is whats left. As you can see for some reason it also tried to run away . Man tht oil smells bad . There is no oil in the water or water in the oil do you think the motor is ok. Thanks kenneth

I would pop the heads off and the oil pan out and see if there are pieces of turbo in your cylinders before you attempt to put a new Turbo on and run it. You don't want to do serious damage to the engine's sleeves or pistons and then have to replace the entire engine. I would be conservative and check all possibilities before restarting the engine.

54reo

I would pop the heads off and the oil pan out and see if there are pieces of turbo in your cylinders before you attempt to put a new Turbo on and run it. You don't want to do serious damage to the engine's sleeves or pistons and then have to replace the entire engine. I would be conservative and check all possibilities before restarting the engine.
You'll never find any "pieces of turbo" in there. The parts that did go in will be quite fine (shavings or smaller), and long since blown back out the exhaust.

Swap the turbo, change the oil, and head down the road!

AMGeneral

The bad part about this situation is when I sold Kenneth this Deuce it had a C turbo,Well,Kenneth uses his truck a lot more than I use mine and the whistler kinda started wearing thin. So we swapped turbos from my Deuce to his(a D for his C). I kinda feel responseable at this point.

deuceman51

Since we are on the subject of turbos, I have a D turbo that has started leaking on the exhaust side. I know the intake side means runaway. Is there anybody who rebuilds turbos or has anybody ever fixed the seals themselves?

garp

Block the oil supply and fire it up with no turbo on. That way anything that is in the engine will be blown out and not damage your replacement.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There won't be anything there that will hurt the engine...unless all the oil was sucked out and pushed thru the engine. It will smoke blue for a bit 'till you run it long enough th burn the oil out of the pipes. The reason the oil smells so bad is that it is burnt from the failed turbo bearing. There is a place out here that can get bearing kits for these...$112.00, but since the compressor and turbine wheels are junk, it will be cheaper to scrap the turbo and install a new one...well a used one at least.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks