• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo charging m1009

Joey7

Hey everyone. Sorry if these few things have been discussed I haven't seen any threads going into depth. I just finished installing a 6.5 exhaust manifold and a hx35 turbo. All I have left is exhaust and crossover. I'm interested to see how some of you have done l fabricated these. I know the down pipe will have to run on the outside of the frame rail.

Secondly my passenger side manifold is touching the frame. I'm not sure of a way to correct that. But I'm sure it'll rub when it's running. Also I've seen a few things on rerouting the cdr valve. Where should you plumb that to exactly?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Joey7

Sometimes a new set of motor mounts are really needed. The stock ones can let the engine sag a large amount.
I did change mine maybe two years ago. I think part of the issue is that I angle most of my drive train to correct pinion angle. Once I get it running I'll see if it's truly rubbing on the frame or not and go from there.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

dezertdemond

I had a similar issue. I replaced my motor mounts with the correct ones from Napa, but they sagged back down within 6 months. So much so, that my fuel pump was touching the engine cross member again. I replaced them the second time with a set from Off-road Designs and no longer have any issues.

nyoffroad

I used a new set of mounts AND the steel spacer plates that have a removeable bar that goes down to the bellhousing, the plates and mounts give lots of room but I couldn't get the bars to fit. Maybe someday I'll try again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks