• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo charging m1009

Joey7

Hey everyone. Sorry if these few things have been discussed I haven't seen any threads going into depth. I just finished installing a 6.5 exhaust manifold and a hx35 turbo. All I have left is exhaust and crossover. I'm interested to see how some of you have done l fabricated these. I know the down pipe will have to run on the outside of the frame rail.

Secondly my passenger side manifold is touching the frame. I'm not sure of a way to correct that. But I'm sure it'll rub when it's running. Also I've seen a few things on rerouting the cdr valve. Where should you plumb that to exactly?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Joey7

Sometimes a new set of motor mounts are really needed. The stock ones can let the engine sag a large amount.
I did change mine maybe two years ago. I think part of the issue is that I angle most of my drive train to correct pinion angle. Once I get it running I'll see if it's truly rubbing on the frame or not and go from there.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

dezertdemond

I had a similar issue. I replaced my motor mounts with the correct ones from Napa, but they sagged back down within 6 months. So much so, that my fuel pump was touching the engine cross member again. I replaced them the second time with a set from Off-road Designs and no longer have any issues.

nyoffroad

I used a new set of mounts AND the steel spacer plates that have a removeable bar that goes down to the bellhousing, the plates and mounts give lots of room but I couldn't get the bars to fit. Maybe someday I'll try again.