• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turbo cooling hose

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will have some "leakage" from the breather tube, in particular if the engine has been idling a lot and you'll have some fumes/smoke as well.
There are filters for this with a sump to recover the oil or a drain to let it go back into the oil pan (I have one on my deuce).

Barneyszoo

I also have a breather filter on my duice its just a peace of 4 inch dieamiter PVC filled with steal wole went it gets some oil in the bottom I drain it and put somemore steal wole in

jwaller

I apologize for bringing this post back to life but is where the hose that is being described attached to? I was getting quite a bit of leakage from this outlet tonight.

I have let this truck idle in the driveway for 10-15 minutes with ZERO oil leaking and tonight I actually moved the truck up and down the driveway and it started leaking like crazy??
thats the slobber tube. you should connect a hose on it such that it extends below the front axle. your diesel engine will slobber out that tube until it gets warm and seals up and burns off the condensation from within.

Lex_Ordo

That makes more sense now.
Yes I agree, I replaced my breather tube hose, and the braided hose, that is to the right is the Turbo oil return line.
I replaced all my hoses with Blue Aeroquip high temp hose, to make it new, and find it easier.