• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo exchange

marksgarage2

Turbo exchange all most complete. Both turbos were removed and shipped to each other. I got mine wed and installed it today. Runs great and got the whistle I wanted. Took it for a test drive and seems to have a little more bottom end power.

We both agreed to do this even though we never met or talked on the phone even. I am on many boards with my toys, but I would only do this on this one. Great bunch of people. Mark

rdixiemiller

I tend to trust MV collectors more than most other people. We seem to be a rather close knit group that maintains contact over the years. Glad you are pleased with your turbo, hope to get mine on this weekend.
Looking forward to no whistle!
I may take the muffler off after I install the D turbo!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of Turbos, the LDS engine has a dang "C" turbo on it. Sorry Robert. At least I have a spare now.

rdixiemiller

marksgarage2 said:
Too late Robert, I all ready tested my batterys with a 5/8 wrench on the solenoid! They seemed to be fully charged!
Yeah, I got in there and noticed the solenoid was goung to be awfully close to my wrenches, so I dropped the battery cables.

The D turbo works great! So much quieter! My co-pilot (11 yr old daughter) approves.
I drilled and tapped the manifold for a pyrometer while I was in there.