• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo ID

sermis

#2 is really quite. I don't think it is a normal C if it even is a C. I had someone else listen to it and they could only here it during the shifts.

Barrman

LDS 427? Curiouser and curiouser. I am the non biased person asked to listen to the second one. Standing near the truck at idle, you can't hear any turbo noise. Even when he drives to you or away from you, no turbo noise. Only as he works his way through the gears and gets 50 yards or more away can you even think you are hearing turbo noises. It will run 65-70 on flat ground pulling a 26' trailer loaded down with a M37 with no smoke too. My M715 had trouble keeping up with him and I was empty.

The 3rd picture one definitely whistles and the 1st one I have only heard run for a few minutes, but no noises.

So, what would the LDS 427 turbo be? A "B" model or "E" version?

emr

If anybody who checks this thread out wants a 427 turbo i have a complete long block in the crate...hope nobody minds me asking, i dont mean to take away from anything, I like the post love all the turbo info, hoping somebody knows the designation for the 427 one...Randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks