• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo Ideas/Parts

Hello again, everyone. I've recently changed out my "D" turbo for the whistler. Since the swap, my oil inlet tube (3 in the attached image) leaks where it threads onto the oil inlet adapter (8 ). I have cleaned the threads and tried some high-temp thread sealant, to no avail. I have looked online to try and find a replacement oil inlet tube, just in case the threads are booger-ed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping it's not the threads on the turbo.

Any advice would be appreciated - also, what are some good sites for deuce parts? I have looked on:

tnjmurray.com
eriksmilitarysurplus.com
greatlakestruckparts.com

Thanks again!

Attachments

hoop

Two places to leak...gasket and compression fitting.
High temp will work on the gasket #7.
Once a compression sleeve is over tightened it is a tough fix.
Item #3 will probably need to be replaced.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thread sealant on a compression fitting will do more harm than good. It could accually be causing the leak. If you've got the connection tight (without any sealant) and it still leaks you're going to have to replace the line and/or fitting.

Nothing for part #11642109 (NSN 4710-00-087-5407) on SaturnSurplus... I requested a quote from iso-group.com, but I'm not sure if that site is really what I'm looking for. Any secret to finding the part for this thing?

Last edited:

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The compression fitting it probally at the wrong angle. If the turbo is new/rebuilt loosen the clamp holding the exaust gas casing to the bearing housing. Then remove the drain bolts, air outlet and inlet. loosen the oil inlet pipe on both ends and rotate the bearing housing back and forth untill you can insert and remove the pipe with out having to pull it by hand. Then tighen the pipe at both ends then the bearing housing clamp. Then reassemble everything else. If the compression fitting is not at the right angle going into the seat it will leak. If it's a used turbo it will need to be dissembled and the "pocket" cleaned so the bearing housing can rotate.

Thanks for the good advice Ken. When I get back home this weekend I'll see what I can do to get the bearing housing to rotate. I'm emailing with Delk's to see if they've got this oil inlet tube, but I hopefully I won't even need it...

Just an update; I bought a new oil inlet tube from Delk's and that cleared my leak right up. Looks like I over-tightened that compression fitting. Thank god I didn't have to pull the turbo back off.

Thanks for the good advice everyone!

Whistler gives you a little less power (I think I heard 10hp), it's not really enough of a difference to notice - and it gives you the awesome whistle!

Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong; still learning =)