• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turbo rebuild kit

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My search-fu didn't turn up much but a few people mentioning about rebuild kits for the deuce turbo. I noticed my truck was smoking a LOT more than usual on decel, so I came back home and pulled the intake pipe from the turbo. Sure enough, the turbine has a lot of play to it. It still runs ok, but smokes bad. Does anyone know where to get a turbo rebuild kit? It's a C turbo BTW.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Trade you a good D turbo for it. :D

midcounty

Wouldn't run it any longer with the sloppy turbo. I it blows the oil seal the engine could run away. That would not end well for your engine.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I believe jwaller does them.
Thanks, I'll shoot him a PM.

Trade you a good D turbo for it. :D
I bet you would. rofl

Wouldn't run it any longer with the sloppy turbo. I it blows the oil seal the engine could run away. That would not end well for your engine.
Yup, hence the reason for me promptly turning around and heading home when I noticed the smoke on decel, I knew it most likely was the turbo thrust bearing going out and allowing oil to leak into the compressor outlet when not under boost. There's quite a number of turbo'ed engines around my household. (5 to be exact :grd:)

Coal Cracker

Let us know what you find, I have a C I'd like to rebuild, also I wonder if the kit is the same for C&D I'm assuming it is. rofl
But I've learned not to assume

By the way I have a 05 Libby Crd Too!!!!

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Let us know what you find, I have a C I'd like to rebuild, also I wonder if the kit is the same for C&D I'm assuming it is. rofl
But I've learned not to assume

By the way I have a 05 Libby Crd Too!!!!
Whatever I come up with I'll certainly share with everyone.

The CRD libby is a fun vehicle. We love ours.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Co2 doesn't make a mess, it's the oil coming out the pipe that's messy. I've had the unfortunate pleasure of having to use Co2 extinguishers on run aways, it works very well!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mine's reuseable though LOL.

Looks like I struck out on one of the sources. They don't sell rebuild kits. They only rebuild turbos.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If worst come to worst you can always have one of our professional turbo guys rebuild it. Jwaller or ken can do turbos correctly.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If worst come to worst you can always have one of our professional turbo guys rebuild it. Jwaller or ken can do turbos correctly.
Yeah I've reached out to one of them, but we're having a bit of a disagreement about it. While I understand the rotating assembly would best be balanced. I've rebuilt 3 of them without any issue. (I do take a few steps to insure the shaft alignment stays the same) And one of them is on my dodge, running way out of it's map and handling ~550 crank HP and 470RWHP. I understand he's in it to make money, but I believe doing as much as I can on my own.

I've got a C turbo on the way in any case. I'll talk to a local shop next week to get a kit for the one on my truck. I might actually have found a source for a few more C turbos as well.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Didn't have a chance to call anyone today, I will tomorrow though. I did get one email quote of $125 + shipping.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ken can get rebuild kits for it.

I pulled it off tonight. The oil wasn't going too badly into the intake, but I can see where it was really coming out the exhaust turbine.

Anyone want this thing? I've got another C turbo on it's way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks