• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turbo rebuild time.....

Crackerjax

well it seems I have a turbo to rebuild I wish I could find someone local here in raleigh but no luck ...

the center section of this turbo is ok spins freely with no turbines on it .. the exhaust turbine is rusty along with the inside of the exhaust housing causing drag because of rust buildup I beleave this was caused by the truck not running for a number of years and water filling up the pipe......

the intake.... the leading edges of the turbine are a little boogered up...seems the might of had an airfilter or lack there of problem.... the housing is great and there is some oily buildup on the inside.. this may be caused to bearing seal failure?

so I need the snail cleaned up inside and out and both turbines redone and new seals and might as well put a new bearing in the center section.....

whats a reasonable price for this service and a good shop I can send it to....?

thanks

Crackerjax

how much do they run new? I called around and they want $600+ for a used c turbo. I have a good d that came with the truck... I just figured I would have an extra turbo and a c one at that..... I wonder if I can mix ans match a d with a c to make a louder turbo with a better sheilding and bearing.

Crackerjax

well I got a price the lowest so far is $400 for a rebuild... I can get a used c turbo for $600 with unknown condition.. I have a working D turbo I would just like to use the C and then have the D as a spare... any other options??

thanks

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your intrested send me a PM. If your rotor is ok i can do it for much less. If not the parts would cost much more than it's worth. If your compressor wheel or turbine edges are worn/dammaged. I'd sudjest getting a replacement. Even though it might be possable to rebalence the rotor it will be less efficent. If your D is in good shape i'd sudjest using it. It's a much better turbo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks