• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo replacement

AMX

Make certain before you crank it, that you didnt leave in anything that could wind up in the impeller blade. One misplaced nut makes a real mess!

Oilleaker1

The hardest part is the 4 nuts holding it to the manifold. The rear ones were seized on mine and I had to heat the nuts up red to get them off. A little at a time. If you twist them off, drilling them out will not be fun. You might need a new gasket if it is damaged. I pre oiled mine before putting the oil line back on. Check it for leaks when you fire it up. The exhaust elbow should be loose so you can rotate it for fit after the turbo is on. I put new brass nuts on if there is a next time. Putting on a Whistler??? It will scream.[thumbzup]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always dump some oil in the top oil line. Do this right before you install the line. I install the line.

Chevracer87

Be extremely careful removing the nuts from the studs. I actually snapped one off a couple days ago during my turbo swap. If I was to do it again I would heat up the 2 bolts and the 2 studs prior to putting a wrench on them

TheWeatherMan

Well it only took a few hours but its done. I soaked the bolts with PB blaster and heated them... Biggest problem I had was when I went to get new bolts the people at the parts store thought it was metric. But its on and running good. Gotta wait till tomorrow to test drive it.

TheWeatherMan

If you go to a auto parts store for the bolts insist they are not metric (I argued with the people there for 5+ min about that... I won). Start spraying the nuts with penetrating oil now, and heat the S*** out of them before you take them off. Also try to find a friend to help hold the turbo in place as you bolt it in.