• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo ?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Turbos were not put on the multi-fuels to increase power. They were added to decrease the visible emissions (smoke). There might be a slight increase in power but not enough to notice. I have a naturally aspirated engine in the M275 and it pulls as good as the turbo deuces I had.

Hottrodd789

I realize its its a race truck but when u run 1600 20,s a little extra power could mean the difference between downshifting or holding speed when hitting a grade! I will soon be able to tell u if there is any psi deference between c turbo and the lds turbo!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I realize its its a race truck but when u run 1600 20,s a little extra power could mean the difference between downshifting or holding speed when hitting a grade! I will soon be able to tell u if there is any psi deference between c turbo and the lds turbo!
Little things to try for one or two HP gains.

K&N air filter, they seem to flow more than stock air filters.

Switch to an electric fan.

Find a gasser transmission to install.

Adjust your valves.

Check your injectors are clean and firing at the correct pressures.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
remember fuel = hp. so if you add a different turbo that allows you to burn more fuel, that may be. i seriously doubt that the turbo alone will add any noticeable power. turning up the fuel rate will add power.

Last edited:

welldigger

Instead of wasting money on a turbo that won't do much or any good at all, buy a pyrometer and install it. Then turn your max fuel rate up keeping egt's below 1200 degrees. If you really want to get crazy pull your injectors and have them serviced and have the shop raise the pop pressure a 100psi or so. All of that together probably costs less than that lds turbo.

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Did you buy a Turbo from Eastern?

Thanks,
Ed

Last edited:

Hottrodd789

No i found a conversion kit on ebay meaning necessary plumbing and gaskets for 87$ and i am going to take a turbo of off a local 5 ton establish if any increase in psi and power and egt!

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Little things to try for one or two HP gains.

K&N air filter, they seem to flow more than stock air filters.

Switch to an electric fan.

Find a gasser transmission to install.

Adjust your valves.

Check your injectors are clean and firing at the correct pressures.
Gimp:

You mentioned using an electric fan for more HP. Do you have info on a good
set up?

Thanks,
Orren

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks