• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo

motormayhem

Im looking at buying a banks sidewinder kit minus the manifolds. Does anyone know where I can grab manifolds and how much they go for? Also do 6.5 turbo manifolds work with the sidewinder?

panzerwillie

the sidewinder turbo will work with the 6.5 exhaust manifold, i'm gathering all the small parts to do mine convertion,
from what i could see the 6.2 driver manifold has the exhaust coming out almost at the midle where the 6.5 turbo exits
at the rear , if you where to use the banks manifold they have a cross over pipe that works with the 6.2 driver manifold
, you can change over to both 6.5 manifolds or just do what i'm doing and modified the 6.5 cross over pipe is not a big deal
should have mine together in the next month or so, i.m using a bogwarner 57mm turbo pretty similar to the sidewinder
good luck

dstang97

please explain exactly what you want to do... im confused....

never mind i thought you were buying new. check ebay

motormayhem

I know a guy who is selling a turbo, intake, air filter box, and piping for a sidewinder. Im trying to figure out what else I would need and how much it would cost to have a working turbo. I didn't see anything on ebay.

MudderMilitia

Slightly off topic, I know a guy with a set of manifolds, intake, turbo, and crossover pipe from a 6.5L. He said he would sell it to me for $200. Is that a good deal and would I need anything else? I am aware the batterys need to be relocated

AndrewH

I was able to find take out engines with all the engine-mounted stuff easier than piecing it together. If the turbo seems cheep grap it and keep looking for parts where ever you can. Sooner or later you'll have all the pieces! I have the opposite setup now, I have a 6.5-in-a-box with all but the turbo and flexible exhaust connections. Oh, it arrived complete, but the block was porous and a buick wanted the turbo........:-D

southdave

check ebay you can buy complete set new in the box (manifolds and intake parts only).. from some guy in texas
then you have to go fish for the other crap clamps bolts gasket.. FYI the turbo is IHI RCH6 or T3 it cheaper to find parts that way waste gate is the only thing that is specific for gm turbo assembly.

Attachments

Last edited:

panzerwillie

Its a good deal because that sidewinder turbo is not easy to find by it self , i'll take it if you deside not to get it or change your mind after you buy it thanks;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks