• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signal problem FIXED

Bowtie70SS

Too often I search for answers to a problem and I find someone else with the exact same problem. It seems like there is rarely a resolution posted. Well here is my problem and solution.

On my M998 when I activated the turn signals both fronts functioned nornally. The rear turn signals would both flash no matter what direction I indicated like I had my hazards on. When I activated the harrazds only the RH rear and both fronts would flash, not the left. I took the switch apart to find the two rear wires shorted together. I took a butt splice connector and split it and removed the innards. I then slipped it over the damaged wire. Works like a charm. Here are a few pictures:20170109_162846.jpg

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bowtie, thank you for taking the time to post your solution. As you said, all too often that step is neglected on here.

Rookie, as mentioned above, the flashers are activated by unlocking the arm and moving it all the way to the right. The photos attached show how the two most commonly encountered military ones work.

Cheers

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks