• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signal problems

AlexFolino

I have a 1986 m1008 CUCV. Truck has turn signals on the driver side front to back however on the RIGHT side i have no marker or front turn signal light, i do have the rear reverse and brake light but no turn signal. Basically turn signals are inop on the passenger side. I changed all the bulbs originally with no luck. When i turn the switch to the right it does not click but when you turn left it does. Before i pull the wires out could it be a flasher? I did clean all the grounds that i found on this truck but no luck so far..

taildragger03

Try another flasher. Check the grounds again. Also, check the sockets themselves. I found a crack in one of the contacts within one of the bulb sockets. Caused all kinds of issues. Replaced and no more problems. Photo below explains.

Attachments

Last edited:

davidkroberts

i had one that did that, its your turn signal lever on the steering wheel. If i read your post correctly it clicks into place on a left turn but doesnt click into place on a right turn. The reason you arent getting the clicking on a right turn is the signal isnt traveling from the signal lever in the first place. its stopping at the steering column. If you are concerned about the grounds get your test light and start checking circuits for a break in the circuit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks