• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signals not working - steering column wiring

cucvmule

collector of stuff
bshupejr, I can see that you have a chaffed wire or two, or maybe the fuse box NEEDS to be disassembled and the contacts cleaned. There is a grease type material that is supposed to protect from moisture but there is so much that after being repeatedly cooked from exhaust heat it melts into a glob anywhere, everywhere.

When I picked my 1008 up at the depo the fuse box was just pushed back together from someone trying to diagnose a problem, from what I could tell glowplug issue. I am surprised it even started although it was 100 degrees and did not even need the plugs. I got the truck home and seen that the wrong gp relay was on it, took the box and pulled on the wires and box pulled apart. My clue was the bolts, screws were on the floor board.

After I replaced the gp relay, cleaned both sides of the fuse box, replaced all the burned out new wellmans, checked the ballast resister and behold works just fine. But what I am winded about is check, follow and fix as you go along. Snowball effect.

Then start checking wires in proximity to the exhaust first. And to the rear of the truck, chaffing.

Good Luck

35Z-SGM

Not sure about the slow signals. Maybe a flasher going bad?
Check your wiring at your turn signal lamps. I've had this problem from wires that are corroded due to broken insulation. Usually the result of gravel roads. I also experience this intermittently when I have a trailer hooked up. Usually the removal of the corrosion by cutting and reconnecting fixes the issue.

35Z-SGM

You may also want to remove the diodes on the back of the fuse panel if those have not already been nipped. Once those fail, the flashers will stick on causing more issues as well. Unless you plan on running mil radios in your CUCV, then replacing those would probably be best.
Anyone have a pic of the location of these diodes?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks