• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn Signals???

asg13

Turn signals were working properly, however now the selector is sticking. Clicks on and stays green..left and right...both front and rear bulbs are illuminating amd jus staying on. No flash. so that eliminates a ground? Could it be a circuit fuse or signal flasher in the fuse box?

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't realize what forum I was in. Disregard my earlier reply, I was thinking of the same issue in a Deuce. I don't know squat about CUCV's. Carry on. :beer:

Barrman

Are they steady all the time or only when the headlights or running lights are on? If it is all the time, then I agree with the above suggestions. A cheap way to check is to turn on the 4 way flashers. If they work, then swap the round flashers on the fuse box. If it is a bad blinker flasher, the blinkers will work and the 4 ways won't. Replacing both is a good idea.

If it only happens with the lights on, then you probably have a bad ground lead inside one or both of the front blinker lights under the head lights. Very common problem. The best fix is to buy a new plug and wire it in. You can though bend the ground tab out a little to make it work. However, for the price new sockets is a better long term solution.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Barrman is 100% on the money with his reply. If the problem exists only when the head/running lights are on, then your don't have a good ground connection at the bulb socket. The tab that is on the side of the socket that actually touches the side of the bulb is the ground tab. They are prone to breaking right where they bend down into the socket. What happens is that now you have a very high resistance path to ground. If no other lights are on, the path to ground must go through the socket. But as soon as you turn on any other lights, now a lower alternative path to ground exists through the other bulbs. Replace the entire turn signal sockets and the problem will more than likely go away.

Barrman

You mean the silver thing at the bottom right corner of the fuse box? That is a blinker relay. That is what you hear clicking when the blinkers are on. Two pieces of different kinds of metal inside. When they get hot, they more and seperate breaking the circuit. They cool down and touch each other again to reconnect. CLICK, CLICK, etc...

Glad you got it solved.