• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signals

Working on a truck that has all the signals on the truck but plug a trailer in and you only have tail marker lights and no turn signals at all on the trailer you still have them on the truck it dose not mayyer if you on either 24 volt plug or the 12 volt plug . Got any ideas ya'll. Thanks in advance .

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would start with an ohm check of the cable and go from there. That or use a voltmeter to make sure you have power at the connecter that plugs in to the trailer.

Ruppster

Last edited:

R Racing

What model truck is it ? My M920 has circut brakers that run the turn signals thru to the back for the trailer . had 1 go bad and and lost my backup alarm.so maybe theres a spot to look.

R Racing

If it is a M915 Then I bet thats whats wrong ! There are 10 of them behind that panel Use a OHM meter or a test light . if they have power on top side ( Thats the feed side, Some have diodes in them) then there should be power on the bottom side. if not its bad.there is also 8 relays above the CBs they can go bad as well . I have the part #s for the relays there all the same and are fired by 12 V but some actuate 24 V outputs thru the normally open contacts.

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I jinxed myself by replying to this thread earlier. Yesterday I fixed the brake lights and turn signal system on my International and last night I went out to the truck to back it up to the trailer and finish some wiring for the running lights. When I hooked up to the trailer I noticed the turn signals on the trailer didn't work. So I got out my VOM and ohm checked the cable. Sure enough, two wires were dead (the two for the turn signals). I just got back in from spending the last 2 hours repairing a couple of broken wires and several corroded wires at a connector underneath the sleeper. Talk about a pain in the backside. At least now all the brake lights and turn signals work. Now I just need to finish up the running lights and the truck will be ready to go to Georgia next weekend. :)

Anyhow, it's 4 am. I'm going to bed.

Ruppster

deuce808

on the subject of turn signals i have a bit of a delimea>> after turning on light/headligyts i later i move the directional lever to left or right and all i get is one flas of the lights and the light stops blinking and goes so dim you han barely tell its on at all.. hazzards do the same.. i am assuming its possibly in the flasher relay or perhaps the switch assembly( headlight or turn assembly). any input>.. i cant find any bad wires. i have new batteries and generator is putting out power best i can tell.. anyone with suggestions

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks