• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn sigs.

choll

I tried looking at the TM's but my computer is not opening them. The turn sigs worked on the duece but stopped flashing, they do turn on. Is there a fuse that controls this and where is it located.

Chuck

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No fuse, check/clean the ground connection at the flasher. For future reference, there is one fuse under the cover for the in-tank fuel pump and one thermal circuit breaker usually on the firewall above and to the outside of the steering column. That's it!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe the flasher control. It's on the drivers side fender.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Turn sigs.

Boatcarpenter said:
There is also a breaker in the three lever switch I believe. Will reset itself when it cools down if it kicks off due to wiring trouble.
BC
Depending on which version of three lever switch you have, there may be a circuit breaker inside it but it is not readily accessible or serviceable/ replaceable. In other words, you wont see it if your looking around for it!

oilcan

RE: Re: RE: Turn sigs.

I had trouble with the tm's until I was told to right click and save them to my computer. If you have dialup, you might have time to watch a movie while downloading some of 'em!

Boatcarpenter

doghead said:
Boatcarpenter said:
There is also a breaker in the three lever switch I believe. Will reset itself when it cools down if it kicks off due to wiring trouble.
BC
Depending on which version of three lever switch you have, there may be a circuit breaker inside it but it is not readily accessible or serviceable/ replaceable. In other words, you wont see it if your looking around for it!
"Depending on which version of three lever switch you have"
Are you saying that there are two versions of the true "three lever switch", one with a breaker and one without a breaker? Or are you refering to the push-button style light switch generically as a three lever switch, hence "two versions".
:driver:
BC

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

There are at least 2 (three lever)versions. One newer version has plastic parts and colored and insulated wires inside to make the circuits. One older version has uninsulated solid copper wires that make the circuit's. Both have different methods of holding the back covers on. Then of course there is the push button switch, I don't know if they have a Circuit breaker inside them. I have some new mil spec 3 levers that are from the local Caterpillar dealer and they don't have a circuit breaker or a wire to complete the low light setting of the dash lights! And, I wonder about the Korean or Chinese switches that are out there too. I don't remember which one of the 3 lever switches I had taken apart that had no circuit breaker in it though, sorry.

joesco

Just went through this issue on my truck. Ground was fine, but worth checking first. It turned out to be the flasher unit. A quick $49 dollar fix.

OSO

My turn signals started to give me problems also. I changed out the three lever light switch , still no luck ,for a while then started to blink . I have a new flasher I will throw on and see if that clears up the problem. :idea: aua

dabtl

I am having a similar problem. I am going to make certain the front marker lights are grounded to the fender. I will remove the guards, clean any rust or paint from the guard and around the mounting holes to ensure a good ground. I am going back on the flasher ground tomorrow.

BEASTMASTER

mine always stop working after a good romp in the rain .but after the ground is restored they work fine. i gotta put a new ground strap on someday. goin on 6years now.