• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turned away from camp grounds??

Reworked LMTV

Great idea! Why limit it to TN? Franchise it and put some in every state.
I'm not limiting it at all. It was just a brainstorm. I would be happy if it was in all states. Have to start somewhere. TN is known to be a MV friendly state.

coachgeo

I had a brainstorm. Maybe a group of individuals could start a MV /overlanding park in TN. Start a trend. Just a thought...
good/bad idea

A full fledged campground for MV's specific..... there is not enough MV's to keep it occupied to make enough income to cover the expenses. It would be best for it to be a regular campground but allowed MV's and promoted also to the MV crowd.

OR..

good idea for someone with hunting land (off season) or huge family land that they want to make into a tax right off by putting a tiny low to no cost to operate business on it.. aka a few mowed sports for MV's..... but that would be no hook ups situation....

Reworked LMTV

good/bad idea

A full fledged campground for MV's specific..... there is not enough MV's to keep it occupied to make enough income to cover the expenses. It would be best for it to be a regular campground but allowed MV's and promoted also to the MV crowd.

OR..

good idea for someone with hunting land (off season) or huge family land that they want to make into a tax right off by putting a tiny low to no cost to operate business on it.. aka a few mowed sports for MV's..... but that would be no hook ups situation....
This was just a brainstorm. Something to stimulate the thoughts and bowels of those interested : ) The concept comes from the business World.

coachgeo

This was just a brainstorm. Something to stimulate the thoughts and bowels of those interested : ) The concept comes from the business World.
oh don't get me wrong... LOVE the idea... point is only to push your idea little further by offering practical ways to actually go about it with greater chance of success.

Ajax MD

good/bad idea

OR..

Not just for "MV's" make it for Overland campers. That would broaden the customer base. Lots of homebrews out there.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A friend of mine with a white LMTV based RV said that he has had trouble in the past with campgrounds turning him away in fear that he may be a prepper. His truck is white and in California.

I was hoping to stay tan, but he advises against a Millitary look.

Anyone ever have issue with campgrounds sending you away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it is California, after all....

Reworked LMTV

Not just for "MV's" make it for Overland campers. That would broaden the customer base. Lots of homebrews out there.
Yeah, absolutely. I attended the Overland Expo at the Biltmore. Homebrews are always unique and interesting. Like Forrest's Fuso on Cheap RV Living. One on the best, inexpensive build that I have seen. Nice guy too.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
I travel for work and have a 2015 toy hauler, more and more I'm asked the year of my unit or told no more than 10-12 years old. Her's the deal, this is driven by the dollar, private campgrounds are a private FOR PROFIT business. Campgrounds that ask this are more often better kept and charge more, they don't want someone posting a picture of a RV they don't think adds to the aesthetics (per the average RV'er) of the campground on social media or writing bad comments. It's basic economics, thing are booming so they can be more selective of customers and raise their rates. I have talked to owners of older Airstream trailers that look new that have been through this but have worked it out by talking to campground owners and sometimes having to send photos. Campground owners are looking for ways to rule out occupants they deem to be visually unpleasing, age of camper is not an absolute but is an indicator. As for self built rigs if they all looked like PROFO's rig there would be no problem. I have also been denied once because we were there for work, they didn't want a truck starting up and driving through the campground at 6:30 every morning. My selection of campground is dictated by location above other factors, I've stayed at really nice places and dumps, feel more at home in the dumps. Guess that says more of me than I should admit.

MRAP DREAM GIRL

The whole concept of being treated like this is a total bummer. We have never had an experience like this (yet). Quite the opposite every time we have had an outing in the Drago Wagon it has been an open house from the time we parked until the time we pulled out. The big girl loves the attention, but sometimes we have actually had to ask for some private time. rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks