• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turning up the fuel

blasini

Hello all,

well i turned the fuel up on my m109a2 on sunday. I went 8 flats on the fuel rod nut. wow what a difference. A lot less shifting now. Don't have to use low range either to start out. Cruises a lot easier too. Also would like to give an update on the air assist steering. Increditable to say the least. Its drives like a normal truck. It steers much better and the road feel is excellent.

I ordered a pyrometer and boost gauge from napa. I think i should put one on to be safe. I think 8 flats on the rod has to be around 50hp. Black smoke comes out when goosing engine but burns clean at cruising spped. No more downshifting to 4th now on small hills.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's about right. If your smokin while crusing then it's too rich. Once you get the pyro you can fine tune it where it will make the most power with out getting the egt's too high.

mangus580

Define too high? my gauge reads in degrees C. I have felt that I should tweak my fuel setting a little as well. Looking for tips from people who have done it.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paid $20 for my pyro gauge at a truck salvage yard. It is pretty old, made by Hewitt and has served me well for a couple of years now.
The thermocouple was bought new, also by Hewitt for about $40.
The boost gauge is an industrial pressure gauge, cost me about $10 new, It doesn't have night time illumination, but that's not a biggie, I keep a flashlight handy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks