• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turret Bearing possibly missing a ball?

skribble

As mentioned in my intro post I'm wrenching on the turret for the M1025. I've gotten it all apart and now have the bearing off. I cleaned it out with soap and water, and spun it a good amount of times to check consistency. It turns smoothly when flat but likes to bind up intermittently when I put the bearing at a slight angle. Upon further inspection it looks like a ball might be missing. When all the balls are tight together inside the race there is a noticeable gap about a 1/2" in size, large enough to house another ball.

I'm wondering if this 1/2" gap is normal, or if I should dub this bearing Lance Armstrong since it's missing a ball :lol:

Any information would be awesome, gotta get this sucker ready for this coming weekend and need to know if I should order another bearing.

Thanks guys! :)

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the silver bearings are like that...don't lube them.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just checked my spare M1025 bearing. It has a 3/4 gap when all the balls are to the other side. It turns best when level.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They all bind if not level. Just curious. Where would you order up a new bearing?