• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turret Leak Fix Materials

persianhunter007

Which exact HomeDespot material did you source?

TIA,

T
Shower pan liner, its available in grey and black depending on which company provides it. Oatey I believe is most common and its grey.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-5-ft-x-6-ft-Shower-Pan-Liner-Roll-41631/202078083

The good news about the PVC stuff is that it can be glued quite easily with PVC cement, contact cement or Barge Glue which is probably the best thing to use. If you glue it PVC becomes a solid piece so any thickness can be fabricated. Use a dollar store rolling pin to smooth out bubbles although we didnt have one obviously so we used a soccer ball that was low on air. It may sound strange but it's what we had. I also resealed our BFT with it and after having my wife order a larger quantity we made sun shades for the armored windows from it so that bad guys couldnt see informants we were transporting or the exact number in our vehicle.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome and thanks!

I own a slantback so this fix is right on target

persianhunter007

Can you tell more about this drain line?
I'm not sure what you are referring to.
We bought a marine 1/4" hatch drain and put it in the roof under the turret ring. It kep water from sitting on the turret bearing and at 1/4" the 5.56 from the m4 our gunner used to hit high angle targets that the 50 couldnt elevate to didnt plug it up. We ran it back to the wall where the A/C was mounted and merged it down through a drain in the floor that was already there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks