• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tv cable question

mtjbrown

Hi, I am in the hopefully finishing stages of my 700r4 conversion. I started to hook my throttle valve to my recently acquired bracket and the hole is round but the cable end is mostly square with a notch on one side. Do I have to modify the hole in bracket to fit the cable??

TIA,
Mark

rnd-motorsports

with out pics not sure what you have to work with. once you get it mounted Be sure you adjust it correctly as the 700r will not live long without the correct tv adjustment I'm sure you know how to adjust it when you get it mounted but if not the here is the walk threw Adjustments of the TV Cable on a diesel engine.
a. Adjustments are made with the engine off.
b. Disconnect the TV Cable end from the throttle lever.
c. Loosen the locknut on the pump rod and shorten several turns.
d. Turn throttle lever to WOT and tighten the pump rod locknut.
e. Lengthen pump rod until injection pump lever contacts the full throttle stop.
f. Release the throttle lever and tighten the pump rod locknut.
g. Remove pump rod from the throttle lever.
h. Reconnect the TV Cable end to the throttle lever.
i. Press in the Adjust Tab and move Slider as shown in Figure 3.
j. Release the tab and rotate the throttle lever to WOT and the cable will self adjust itself as evidenced by a few audible clicks. Release the throttle lever and check the cable for any signs of binding or sticking.
k. Reconnect the pump rod
l. Road test the vehicle. Under moderate acceleration your shift points should be close to the following:
1-2…………………15-20 MPH
2-3…………………25-30 MPH
3-4…………………40-45 MPH
n. If the cable is adjusted too loosely your transmission will exhibit soft, stacked shifts (not spread out). DO NOT CONTINUE DRIVING VEHICLE IF THIS HAPPENS! Immediately readjust cable.

mtjbrown

Yeah, I actually have a bracket off a throttle body setup I bought for my rockcrawler(see avatar). I think I will take that and graft it to my bracket.

Thanks,
Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks