• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two Deuces one direction??? and im unsure

trenomere

This might be a no brainer for some of you out there but its not for me. For a little history on my situation here goes.

While working at past jobs the company had multiple converted M35's. Over a 18 month period I drove these on numerous occasions and slowly began getting the "bug" I have seen so many of you on here mention. I think im getting this so called bug for M35's and have wanted one ever since I got to drive them.

Well here recently I began searching for one and I came across a couple ragged out rigs and eventually came across a M35A1 which was a descent price i believed. The only mechanical problem i was able to find was the brakes needed a lil work so I went ahead and jumped head first in and brought her home with me. Well now another one was pretty much laid in my lap which is an A2 and therein lies my delima. Which is the best ???

From the amount of years experience located on this website im hoping someone is able to help with some questions.

Are parts for the A1 harder to come by or will A2 parts work. If so the A2 I have is a little rough but for $$$ I couldnt pass it up. Would the majority of the parts except for motor and trans work in the A1? how about the cab and windows. How bout the electronics, with the parts interchange? The A1 has cracks on both sides of the windshield. Both have winchs and the A2 has a winch in the bed as well.

Does anyone have any good ideas in which direction to go first? If both check out good in the end both are a candidate for rebuild but that will be determined at a later date based on what i learn from everyone and the machines.

I have been searching for the TM but no luck to this point. looks like its down now and has been for a while. anyone know when it will be back up so maybe i can browse some more and not have to bug you all? any other ideas where i might find some manuals?

Thanks, any suggestions and or help is appreciated.

:driver:

Oh, that is really a tough one. Which do YOU like best? Personally, is the A2 is in the same or better condition, if so, that is what I would go with. A multifuel engine is really hard to beat. How many vehicles can run on free fuel? My A3 only runs on diesel or bio-diesel. I just need.to.start making it!

trenomere

both are multifuel. A1 has hypercycle, and the A2 hasnt gotten here yet but man i that had it said its a multifuel. should be here by the end of the week. i know the A2 prob needs a trans. i went and looked at it about 4 months ago and man didnt want to part with it and then he called just after i committed to the A1.

Personally i like the look of the A1.

I read on here somewhere that the A1 didnt come with a spring drivers seat. is this correct because mine has one.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No, seats get swapped often. Be glad you have it. Both trucks should have all interchangeable parts. Also, do a search for "LDS427" Those motors have quirks about them. I think it has been said to watch your rpms with them, Jatonka has one he runs in a work truck and has posted lots of good info for them.

Last edited:

wikallen

As far as looks, they should look the same other then maybe the headlight position. I would start with the best overall truck, then add the better parts of the two to it. Either sell one or keep it as a rolling spare part truck.

Does your a1 have the air shift axle, or is it a sprag? I would keep the one that has air shift or swap out the transfer cases on the sprag truck.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
a few basics that make the best truck: ldt465 with TD cast on the block. air shift transfer. overdrive trans. air ride seat. past that they are all the same.

tom