• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two questions: 3-Lever Switch; Filter Upgrade Cage?

JohnnyBM931A2

I plan to install my new 3 lever switch tomorrow before the family arrives. Is there anything special that I need to know? (tips or advice)

Also, I bought the filter upgrade cage from Those Military Guys. A search brought up filter #AF25354 by Fleetguard. Is that the correct filter to use with this cage?

Thanks guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scrounger

It can be a little tricky getting your hand behind the dash, but it will fit. I like to put some nonelectric grease on the contacts and the threads before I install the connector on the back of the switch.

therooster2001

Most of the other wiring is in the way when removing / installing. When I was pulling these at Glen's I took out the failsafe first and then the three lever. You can definitely do it without removal, but might be easier.. Sometimes that plug is on there pretty good, but most are hand tight. Easy.. 5 min job max.

therooster2001

And I like to pull the whole unit out attached to wiring, which will make it easier to unscrew / screw in the plug, probably why it gets hung up on the other wires and air lines...

JohnnyBM931A2

I was able to do it without issue earlier this morning. I saw what you meant about stuff getting in the way.. Even so I was able to get it done in less than 15 minutes. Unfortunately, it did not fix my issue with the rear running lights not working :( But hey.. At least I have a new switch :) I will keep the old one as a back up, since it is apparently working fine. That was at least the second switch that had been installed on the truck.. Date on the side was 2002.