• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two questions if you guys know?

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
today i was cleaning around my Radiator reservoir and i found a strange wire or cable thats not connected to anything have you guys seen this or can you tell me where it gos? all my lights / horn / blackout lights work

secound i found a secound radiator reservoir cap. can anyone tell me what is the right stock cap? They both work and fit?

Attachments

Old Truck Guy

That looks like the wire that plugs onto the brake distribution block that would power your brake light in the dash. It plugs onto the block attached to the front cross-member below the radiator. You might have to craw under and look forward. The cap I can't say. I'll look in the daylight and see what mine is like. Hope this is of help.....

rlwm211

The radiator overflow cap on the left is the correct one.

It appears you have some light unplugged from wherever it is supposed to be plugged in. That is if the other end goes to a light of some sort.

RL

boomer431

The wire is for the brake proportion valve . It plugs into a bracket on the frame and then to the proportion valve which is under the radiator.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cap on the left is for overflow tanks that do not have a overflow port. The one on the right is for tanks that have the overflow.

3dubs

Hope you can see it next to the hard lines. I found the same wire. I never really cared what it was for. I had another truck to look at figured it out and plugged it in.

Attachments

MuleMac01

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is your overflow bottle located? Mine is located on the drivers side next to the radiator and i believe it has the cap on the right. My 88 R30 crew cab and my 89 k-5 both have the cap on the left
its on the driver side i took it out 2 show people:

3dubs

It may be hard to see in the pic. It is dark outside. But the wire plugs in on the driver side frame behind the radiator and in front of the hard lines. Take a look and you should see a plug on a bracket.

MuleMac01

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope you can see it next to the hard lines. I found the same wire. I never really cared what it was for. I had another truck to look at figured it out and plugged it in.

mine has the bracket but not the other wire to the brake proportion valve ( it's the valve that controls both brakes correct?) if i dont have this connected is there going to be a problem?

PS. i seen that there is a rudder cap i'm guess in place of the sensor prob another military fix it

Last edited:

Crash_AF

If you look close at the rubber 'cap' you'll see a line because it's supposed to have a spade terminal sticking out of it and it probably got busted off.

The only thing the wire is for is to turn the brake warning light on on the dash if you have a failure in one side of the brake system. Without it, the light won't come on to warn you of a problem with the brake system.

If you're observant and can notice that your brake pedal got a lot more travel and turned to mush, you might be able to safely do without the light.

Later,
Joe

MuleMac01

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you look close at the rubber 'cap' you'll see a line because it's supposed to have a spade terminal sticking out of it and it probably got busted off.

The only thing the wire is for is to turn the brake warning light on on the dash if you have a failure in one side of the brake system. Without it, the light won't come on to warn you of a problem with the brake system.

If you're observant and can notice that your brake pedal got a lot more travel and turned to mush, you might be able to safely do without the light.

Later,
Joe

crap well i dont see any wire's coming from it crap maybe the militarys guys went for some joy rideing though some brush and it got riped off anyon e know where i can get a new brake proportion valve from ?

3dubs

I connected mine just to make me feel better but I do not think it is important. I found it in the TM's but it took searching and I do not remember what it was.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks