• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TX deuce(s) recovery

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a GREAT adventure even tho I didn't feel very well.......but I tried to get as many pictures and video as I could ....sorry the
video isn't that good but once I looked in my rearview mirror I saw a state trooper and stopped shooting......glad he didn't seem to mind...lol
He, too, was probably admiring the Green Iron and wondering if they were rolling with any possible violations greater than a camera [thumbzup]

Ya did good, girl :grd:

L999here

...best documented

That's the best photo-documented road trip I've ever seen...!!! Excellent work and truly a work of art. Thank you for sharing what will probably be the 'standard' for road trips....press on...

combat32

Good job, looks like fun to me.And people say I am crazy for driving a deuce from Oklahoma City to Ft. Smith Arkansas:D

I bet your butts are still red and numb!

cornrichard

I stopped at one in Iowa about a year ago. They were having a contest to name their big gulp size travel soda. Someone had written *um Bucket on all of the cardboard signs with a marksalot. My wife took pictures. You have to wonder what the minutes to that board meeting read like.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What all can you buy at the "funny gas station" ??? or even worse, what can you catch?
Can't answer your question, but.....

Somewhere in my travels I remember seeing both QUICKIE-MART and KWIKIE-STOP convenience stores. And I've always gotten a chucke from the LOVES truck stops - nicknamed 'em LoveShacks.

I've also enjoyed the convenience of stopping into the Buc-ee's locations - You can always get lotsa BEAVER Novelties there.... http://www.bucees.com/index.html
... as well as GREAT fudge, sandwiches, hot meals and more!

Attachments

Nonotagain

What's with the bottle jack when you have a jack mounted to the passenger side fender? http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attach...1d1294645739-tx-deuce-s-recovery-dscf4867.jpg

I'm a little surprised that you were able to travel 700 miles without tags and not get stopped. You must be living right.

Great job with the trip and the photo's. In the years to come, you might actually look back at this trips as being something fun, but then again????

westechs_wifey

@nonotagain...The boys were loosing the brakes because they were to tight .....and yes we drove them all the way from TX to Wi with no tags.....the day after we bought the deuces hubby had insurance put on them. So we did have that......It was a GREAT adventure!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
@nonotagain...The boys were loosing the brakes because they were to tight .....and yes we drove them all the way from TX to Wi with no tags.....the day after we bought the deuces hubby had insurance put on them. So we did have that......

It was a GREAT adventure!
I've got a song.....

Listen to the lyrics and apply it to the MV Hobby :idea:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVFPjIp6nkk[/media]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks