• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tx Forest Svc Deuces on GSA

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a loadout today at the Texas Forest Service office in Lufkin, TX. This is the agency that gets military trucks from the services, converts them into brush/fire trucks, and accepts the dead ones back from all the FDs throughout the state. They are then put on GSA for auction. For some reason, they have a huge number of trucks coming up for auction soon. I took some pics for you guys. Lots and lots of multifuel deuces, in various conditions. I would highly recommend looking at anything you would like to buy. I got lucky with the M880 I won, it is rust free (a rarity) and not smashed up. The tires were all no good, and the wheel bearings on the left front were trashed. Luckily the truck made a 100 mile flat tow with no issues.

Attachments