• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TX42 Glow Plug Controller?

Barrman

No, The octopus was not an engineering masterpiece. At least not when put into production. It combined the CUCV sensor that is screwed into the cylinder head for temperature sensing and the printed circuit board under the dash all into 1 housing exposed to vibration, heat and liquid. At least with the under dash printed circuit boards we can pull them out, clean the contacts and inspect the components.

nyoffroad

Well, if used on 6.2 - was it not good solution? Just my curiousity :)
Nothing but trouble, both my dad and I never had anything good to say about it. Maybe it worked for the first year or so, but by the time we got the trucks= trouble. I take some of that back, upon thinking about it I seem to remember that system working for a while on dad's blue suburban, but only for awhile. it seems to me that they changed the system around every couple years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks