• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Typical oil pressure?

dk8019

That seems low, but I believe the -10 says it's fine, mines normal right around there at idle, and a little above 60 at 2K. It's likely just a matter of wear on the bearings.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
The gauge is also at least 25 years old too and may be reading erroneously. I know my Jeep over here likes to run down on pressure but it has almost 150K on it and it is just waiting for an overhaul. I may bring it home because it is in such good shape.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Remove the electrical sending unit on the passenger side of the block and put a mechanical gauge in, Autozone has a Sunpro that plumbs right in. Did this over the weekend while working on bgekky3's M35, his gauge was reading very low, Mechanical showed 65 psi cold, after running, 30 psi at idle. Now I don't have a Sunpro gauge in my toolbox anymore........

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also depends on what guage and sending unit you have. 28 would be nornal with a 60 psi guage. Low if you have a 120 psi guage/sendig unit.

bgekky3

My oil pressure was at 15 psi at 2000 rpm with a 60 psi electrical guage. After breaking off the sending unit in the block to check it with a manual guage, I had 60 psi hot at 2000 rpm and 20 at idle. Now FMJ doesn't have a guage in his box anymore, but with some luck he might have a new one by the weekend.

mbwarner

Thanks, guys. Gauge is 20 years old, but engine only has 5,200 miles. Oil is Rotella 15-40 with 50 miles or so on it.

I'll try the mechanical gauge. I was wondering about gauges, because I have two other gauge issues--fuel gauge reads really high, as in 1/2 a tank when it's near empty. Temp gauge doesn't seem to work at all. Gauge panel grounding problem, maybe?