• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TyreBeads - HMMWV/Runflats?

MaverickH1

Has anyone ever used TyreBeads in the HMMWV or have any thoughts on it?

I bought what SHOULD be enough to balance all of the tires, but upon receiving them I started to think about how the HMMWV tire with the run flat is a bit more complicated than most tires and I didn't know if that would be problematic for these.

71lRobhYYQL._AC_UL320_SR210,320_.jpg

ryanruck

I don't think the beads will work well because of the runflat grease that's supposed to be in the tires. They'll just get stuck to it and really throw your tires out of balance.

Seems some folks were getting positive results with Centramatics in this thread.

MaverickH1

I don't think the beads will work well because of the runflat grease that's supposed to be in the tires. They'll just get stuck to it and really throw your tires out of balance.
Seems some folks were getting positive results with Centramatics in this thread.
Makes sense. I didn't realize there was runflat grease involved. I'm used to putting things in the tires that I change that reduces stickiness (like talcum powder inside a tubed motorcycle tire).

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up 5 24 bolt staggered rims with bajas on them in Ok from tire guy who buys the take offs directly from military.
Brought to my tire guy to balance and one had beads already. It was ok and needed no weights.

Awol

I have them in my MT/R's on my F350, but the grease inside really screwed with them, and now they're so far out of balance it isn't funny.

For whatever reason, it never crossed my mind about getting all the grease out before mounting the tires. Its horrible.

Sintorion

I wouldn't use the beads because of the grease, but I am planning on going with a few golf balls because they won't be bothered by the grease. I just need to make sure they won't get pinched between the tire and the run flats, but shouldn't matter anyway because they will be coated in grease.

richingalveston

I have centramatics on my 1009. got dana 60 up front with 16 inch hutchenson aluminum bead locks and 39X11 xzl tires. each tire and rim is at least 125lbs or more. I machine balanced them as best as possible with stick on weights on the inside of the rim. clip ons wont stay on the bead lock rims. Then added the centramatics.

my truck rides like a new Caddy.

I have driven with and without the centramatics and they make a difference. They really fine tune the balance of the tires and will adjust when you have a little mud stuck on the tires.

Special T

Out of round is when a Tire is manufactured and the rubber flows more on one side that another. Making it aggressive shaped (oversimplication) the best way to remedy that is to have it True at a Tire retreated and normally best done on the wheel for a tubeless tapered bead which a hummer Tire is. More than likely the issue stems from the run flats or the "grease". I'm more convinced it's a Tire mounting soap myself since it's water soluble.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks