• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

U Joint Strap for M1028A3

dilvoy

I'm looking for a part number or a civilian application from which I can identify these two little pieces so I can order them. I have a Crew Cab Crash Rescue truck that I have installed a Normal Dually Bed on and the wide style of Rear Dual Wheel Axle as used in the M1028A3 CUCV's. I bought a new surplus Dana 70 Axle for this project and after having a custom driveshaft made. This was necessary because of forklift damage and was probably needed because of the different axle. Anyhow, The normal Rear U Joint Straps as found on M1008's won't work as they are too shallow and don't wrap around the more exposed U Joint bearing cap to be attached. Does anyone have any ideas?

OLDCHEV4X4

Hmmm... I bought a "U joint strap kit" from NAPA for my 86 k20.
It had the straps and bolts. So if you know the model and year of the truck that the rear came out of, go to NAPA and tell em what you got.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Id try a local napa myself. If that doesen't help, google Dennys driveshaft. They carry yokes, u-joints. And little parts.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A local Fleetpride shop, should be able to get you the parts you need.

rnd-motorsports

The dana 70 uses a 1350 or 1410 ujoint and uses a dana part # DS 3-70-28 strap kit if you cant find one at your local parts store completeoffroad.com sells the strap kit for 7.00 plus shipping :driver:

dilvoy

OK! The DS 3-70-28 Kit was just what I was looking for. It's installed and I should have time to flush the Coolant system next Sunday and go for a ride. I've wwed this Rescue Truck for six years but other things took priority, but next week I will at least take it for a drive around the countryside. Thanks again for the help.:p